Monday, January 15, 2024

Hyperrealism PEZ Easter Bunny Dispenser Prismacolor Pencil Drawing by Rachelle Byers

While browsing around YouTube, 
I received a very fun recommendation in my feed. 
In full color, Rachelle Byers entertained me for a full 9 minutes and 11 seconds. I watched the page come to life in a display of skill and imagination, observing Rachelle's hand dance across her sketchbook, coaxing the lines and shades into a breathtaking 3D image of a PEZ bunny. With each stroke of the pencil, the image seemed to stir, taking on a life of its own.


As the minutes ticked by, the once two-dimensional surface began to pulse with vitality, the bunny's playful demeanor coming alive in astonishing detail. There is something quite magical about watching someone with this much talent in action. Rachelle is also a PEZ collector, which makes her art even more spectacular to our world. I reached out to Rachelle and asked her some questions, and she happily answered them for us.

 How long have you been creating art, and what got you started?
Rachelle Byers
I would say I’ve always been into art. From a very early age I said I wanted to be an artist. I took some time away from art in my 20s and have been strongly practicing again for the last 5 years.

 What inspired you to create the drawing of the bunny PEZ?
Rachelle Byers
: I have a good sized PEZ collection. I’ve always loved them and thought they’d be fun to draw. I’ve meant to do more PEZ drawings but haven’t had a chance. Hoping to do more in 2024. 

 Could you walk us through your creative process when working on this drawing?
Rachelle Byers
So when doing a drawing like this I think having a solid sketch is super important because those lines are your guides to getting portion correct. Once you have a good sketch down it’s a matter of building color. With Prismacolors you want to be careful to not press too hard otherwise it’s hard to develop color on top. Then it’s a game of patience. I find it hard to not jump straight into the details because I get excited, but I know if I wait it’ll pay off.

Rachelle has a really fun Instagram where she has lots of fun art she has created you can check it out below. 


Thank you Rachelle for talking with us and letting us share your wonderful pictures with our Pez Palz family.

No comments:

Post a Comment