Friday, June 8, 2018

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK: The 3rd Michigan PEZ Convention dispensers...

As maybe some of you know, last year in August my wife and I traveled to the U.S.A. for the first time. Our trip was so fabulous, we saw and did so many nice things. We met so many wonderful PEZ heads from across the country, everything and everyone was so wonderful.

I had a lot ideas for the blog, to share many stories about our trip, something like a PEZ travel story. But at the end when we got back home, life got me and I had alot of stress, plus I started a diet program, with hard daily exercise program. 
This ate up most of my free working time for the blog.
Well, life often plays a different game, but something that I really wanted to do, is to share my feelings about the Michigan PEZ Convention here on the blog- my very first U.S. convention, to honor Jody and Jim Blaine and for sure Jim's lovely parents for their wonderful and hard work on the Michigan PEZ Convention.

Good things take a while, and as I saw all the work from Jody and Jim for their 3rd Michigan PEZ Convention, I got the desire to write this down and to support and to bring all the Michigan PEZ fun out there to our PEZPalz readers. :)
Looking for something new and interesting for our blog we had accompanied the Michigan PEZ Convention from the first second on our blog. We are grateful and happy that we had the opportunity to share the stories from the first and second Michigan PEZ Convention here.
We knew from the beginning that there was a lot of the freshness and creativity Jim had brought to us and we were curious to see what was to come. It never crossed my mind that one day I would be attending a convention in the US.
I had already visited so many European PEZ Conventions/Gatherings, and of course these are also all very different, but how is it in the U.S.
I do not know your feelings, but every time when I see photos and videos of the conventions, I would love to beam from here to over there to be part of the convention. All the great PEZ that are offered at the conventions, all the PEZ fun, and all the PEZ friends, ahhhh for sure a dream <3
NOW my dream would come true and my first U.S PEZ Convention would start,
August 2017, and I was so ready for the second Michigan PEZ Convention, I'm not going to go into every detail, that would go beyond the scope, uh.. sorry you have to wait a little bit to see the new 2018 dispensers ;)
I really know how much time, and organizational talent is necessary for such an event, all the many loving details, welcome banners, agenda on all tv screens, games, merchandise, charity, plus much more, would be enough to give the Blaine family every 
PEZ trophy in the world!
Our PEZPALZ Trophy from 2016 for Jim :)
>Best custom Convention dispensers<
Everything started with the great Embassy Hotel in Troy, Michigan 
which was the perfect location (OMG the breakfast buffet was so amazing).
We have been so welcomed by the Blaine family, if you feel that someone is happy to see you, then this gives you a wonderful feeling. The many great games and prizes that they have prepared for everyone, plus all the small details, for the gathering,  
there is not a end on our list that we could not praise.
We fell in love with the (custom) PEZ convention dispensers from the
beginning that is no secret.
I was very happy abut the room hopping, and did not miss the ballroom.
For me, room hopping is much nicer, more intimate, with more time, and the conversation is more enjoyable and stress-free, and while I'm talking about the rooms, the rooms in Michigan were really awesome, I mean, I've never been at a PEZ convention where the rooms were so big, and so perfect for the room hopping.
Jody and Jim really did a great job selecting the hotel!
We drove thousands of miles, and we actually planned to drive to Detroit to visit the city, but there were always so many activities and games that Jody and Jim had prepared that we did not even think about leaving the Hotel.
Jody and Jim really knew how to keep us happy.
Yes, yes I know you want to see the 2018 dispensers, soon, very soon :)
What was it about.. PEZ? 
Uha WOW there was nothing that did not exist!
Everyone has successfully found something nice and new for the PEZ collection, and yes, there have been really very good deals.
That was for me the only point where I was a little stressed :) 
keeping my budget, or would I have to wash the plates in the hotel at the end? :D
How do I bring all the many great PEZ things back home?
Of course I bought too much, but at the end everything went well, and no, I did NOT have to clean any plates LOL!
Now I can tell you, are the European Conventions 
different then the U.S. Conventions?
The biggest difference is, we do not have the Charity auctions at the conventions here in Europe, but Jody and Jim Blaine have done a wonderful job on all the Charity auctions.
They have raised  2016-$6000 and last year unbelievable $10,000 for Camp Lake Louise.
Unfortunately, the charity auctioneers have not naturalized here in Europe.
At the beginning I could not believe what amounts were spent there for the good cause, but at the same time I was starting to bid few times.
One of that is every where the same, and that's it's all about, 
WE THE COLLECTORS, the atmosphere, the same hobby, the great conversations, the friendships, and the families that really makes it special.
If you've never been to a PEZ convention before, give yourself a jolt, and plan your visit to one of the next PEZ conventions, you can find all the worldwide dates on our event calendar HERE
I would like to sincerely thank each and every one of you, thank you for taking care of us so much during our stay, thank you for the many great conversations, trades, sales, and the amazing fun we had together! When the pictures of this year's convention go around, I'll be with you with a happy and with a sad eye, for sure I will miss you all!

At the end of course, a special thanks to Jody, Jim, Patty, and Jim 
without you all this would not have been possible!
There is a saying over here, you always see yourself twice in your life!
We see us one day again, no question!
So and now finally the new 2018 Michigan Convention dispensers, 
NO STOP! :)
have you already registered for the absentee Package?
Or even for the 3rd Michigan PEZ convention itself? 
August 16-18, 2018
Do you really want to miss all the PEZ fun? 
All the important information (new Hotel, new games) 
and news about the 3rd Michigan PEZ convention can be found here:
MIPEZCON
These will, for sure stay lovely memories for a long time.
It's just a small way to say thank you from us but this is something
I really wanted to give Jody and Jim back.

We really enjoyed every minute at your Convention, and I'm sure you will
ROCK the PEZ world again this year! <3
The 2018 Michigan pre production (custom) PEZ Convention dispensers
Jim has still surprises left, the ULTRA RARE dispensers & Pins
will be revealed later.
PINS & Candy packs for the 2018 Michigan PEZ Convention




For more info, please visit 

No comments:

Post a Comment