Thursday, November 29, 2018

Got PEZ display problems? Larry Mason may have the answer!

Cabinets Full? Looking for fun ways to display your PEZ? Have you ever wanted to decorate your Christmas tree with PEZ?
Well Larry Mason has a lot of great ideas to do just that!
The photos are just a small sample of what Larry offers so 
be sure to check out the full site at


Like a lot of Pez collectors, I have a number of the Showtime cases to display my collection. Once filled, I needed to find another method of displaying my loose dispensers. Looking at the pegboard in the garage one day, I got to wondering how I could hang dispensers on it. Using a 3d modeling software package, I created a few designs to hold the dispenser and hooks to insert into the pegboard (http://www.pezboard.com/shop-clips/). 
 The items worked fairly nicely. 
Photos courtesy of PezBoard.com

Next I focused on how to display and protect my carded items. One issue is cards that curl and the other was the plastic popping off. This lead me to create frames (http://www.pezboard.com/shop-frames/). 
Photos courtesy of PezBoard.com

Next while trying to complete my collection of hearts, I created a set of stands to hold the 13 variations and would fit nicely inside a display case from the Container Store (again due to my shortage of Showtime cases). This started me down the path of creating other stands for footless dispensers (http://www.pezboard.com/shop-stands/). 
Photos courtesy of PezBoard.com

Some items are created when people ask for specific designs such as the flashlights. Speaking of footless, shoes seemed a logical set of items to create - both forward and sideways. But why stop there? How about shoes for trucks? Now you can display the haulers inside Showtime cases or any other rail stands (http://www.pezboard.com/shop-other/). 

Photos courtesy of PezBoard.com

Finally, in our house, we put up a couple of Christmas trees. Each year we try to pick a different theme. In fact a small tree is on display all year long in the kitchen decorated for the current season/holiday. Last year, I decorated the smaller tree with some of the Christmas Pez using the white tree hangers I created. Credit for the translucent green variation goes to Andrea Smith-Gage who received some of the white hangers at Pezamania 28 this year, but suggested a green version would blend in with the tree better.

Photos courtesy of Andrea S.
Thank You Andrea : )

Always interested in creating new items for the collecting community, so feel free to send comments/suggestions to me.
-Larry Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment